If you already have a health insurance plan and want an idea whether it is comparable before completing the health plan waiver, review the checklist below.
Comparable benefit plans:
- Must provide coverage for a comprehensive set of services, including, but not limited to: preventative and primary care, doctor visits, hospital admissions, surgical services, emergency services, ambulatory patient services, mental health and substance abuse, prescription drug
- Must have coverage for all benefits, not limited to emergency coverage, in the area of the student’s campus
- Must have no annual or lifetime caps on the amount of money the insurer will pay for services
- Must be underwritten in the United States
- Must provide coverage for the entire duration of the school year that you were eligible for coverage
This is not an exhaustive list. Gallagher Student Health will assess all insurance policies to ensure that they are in compliance with Massachusetts law.